Accounts Payable/Payroll Coordinator
Bon Secours Wellness Arena is looking for a dedicated and hardworking Accounts Payable/Payroll Coordinator who can successfully multi-task in this dual role. Ideal candidate will have strong time management, communication and organization skills as they oversee all aspects of accounts payable and process company bi-weekly payroll.
Essential Job Functions: Through employee’s own efforts:
Accounts Payable duties:
- Oversee all aspects of accounts payable to include weekly check runs and proper general ledger coding
- Ensure that all internal controls and purchasing policies are being followed
- Prepare and disseminate a monthly budget-to-actual schedule for each department's expenses.
- Assist Director of Finance with cash flow requirements
- Assist all departments with quoting and purchase order request preparation
- Assist Department Heads with bid proposals
- Process company payroll on a bi-weekly basis, maintain payroll records and assist in time and attendance information
- Research and resolve time discrepancies and missing data with department supervisors and accurately update payroll system software;
- Check payroll information for accuracy and ensure all relevant paperwork is in order
- Compile internal labor reports from payroll system software.
- Submit compliant certified payroll reports and prepare other reports for upper management, finance department etc.
- Coordinate with HR about changes in payroll (e.g. terminations, new hires)
- Prepares and/or analyzes periodic payroll reports, payroll schedules, and payroll related journal entries using established policies, procedures, and guidelines on a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring timely tax payments
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential. Professionally and tactfully answers all questions regarding payroll from employees and superiors
Deadline: Position will remain open until filled. No Phone calls please.
Greenville Arena District is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Greenville Arena District will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact 864-241-3800
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in accounting, finance or relevant field of study, or equivalent additional 2 years work experience
- 2 years recent payroll experience
- 2 years recent accounts payable experience
- Ability to work with Excel (functions, data etc.) at an advance level
- Proficient computer skills MS Office: Outlook & Word
- Proficient in relevant payroll software (e.g. ADP, Kronos, Payforce)
- Must have good knowledge of federal and state payroll tax requirements
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or relevant field of study
- 4 years payroll experience
- 4 years accounts payable experience
- Experience with Sage 50 Quantum Accounting software a big plus
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is a desirable, not required.
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- High degree of accuracy, outstanding organizational skills and strong attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with the highest level of professionalism and strong understanding of discretion
- Advanced oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and manage competing demands, delays or frequent and unexpected changes.
- Professional attitude, appearance, and personality.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and interact with all levels of staff.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- 40 hours of work per week on average.
- Extended or irregular hours are not expected
- Out of town or overnight travel is not expected.
Employee Status: FLSA: Exempt/ Full-time
Salary range: begins at $38,000 annually
Eligible for SC State benefits including:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance options
- Short and Long Term disability - Employer Paid
- Retirement plan with District match and
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) policy
Greenville Arena District actively fosters a diverse and inclusive working environment and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified men and women from all racial, ethnic or other minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.