Event Staff (part-time)
We are looking for dynamic team members who have a passion for customer service and creating unforgettable experiences for our guest.
Bon Secours Wellness Arena Event Staff assist in many areas including Ticket Taker, Security (bag checking), Ushering, Greeter, and Crowd Management, just to name a few. Responsibilities include:
- Provide exceptional front-line customer service to our patrons throughout the event
- Safely and accurately assisting guest
- Maintain order at the event, able to remain focused during high activity and crowds,
- Secure restricted areas
- Keep aisles and egress areas clean and safe at all times
- Work with supervisors to identify and resolve issues
- Many task involve maneuvering stairs repeatedly and standing for long periods at a time; some tasks can be conducted from a seated position.
- Most task involve exposure to loud noises and low level lightening during some point throughout work activity; Also possible exposure to extreme temperatures (hot or cold)
- Most functions/task involve exposure to crowds during work activity
- MUST: Enjoy the energy and excitement of live sports and entertainment involving large crowds
Greenville Arena District is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Greenville Arena District will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact 864-241-3800.
- At least 18 years old with High School diploma or equivalent GED
- Minimum (2) years of customer service experience including employment, internship, and volunteering
- Energetic, Outgoing, Articulate, Punctual, and Dependable
- Available to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Very outgoing, friendly and seek out opportunities to interact with guest.
- Enjoy the energy and excitement of live sports and entertainment events with large crowds
- Ability to remain calm and composed during high activity; to remain alert to surroundings and to think quickly under pressure
Scheduling - EMPLOYEES PICK THE SHIFTS (DAYS & TIMES) THEY WANT TO WORK !!!!
Pay Frequency: Bi-weekly; Direct Deposit required.
Hourly Rate: $8.00-$9.00 FLSA status: non-exempt
- Shift: average 6 hours per event
- Times/Days: varies; mainly evenings/nights during week; all day on weekends; a few day shifts during week (M-F) are also available
- Minimum: must be available to work at least 1 shift every month
- Weekly hours: Average less than 20 hours per week
Greenville Arena District actively fosters a diverse and inclusive working environment and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified men and women from all racial, ethnic or other minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.