Custodian- Post & during events(part-time)
Seeking highly motivated, reliable, and hard-working individuals to fill part-time Custodian positions for during and post-event cleaning shifts at Bon Secours Wellness Arena.
This is an important position, as we take pride in the safety and cleanliness of our venue.
*Note all shift times and days are determined by our event schedule. Shifts are scheduled on monthly basis.
Details below are averages:
- Hours: part-time; less than 20 hours per week; irregular weekly hours consisting mainly during nights, weekends, and/or holidays
- Shifts: average 6 hours
- Start times: during events= 5 pm onward; post-events= 10:30 pm onward
- Maintain neatness and sanitation in assigned areas at all times.
- Clean and sanitize work areas to include floors, walls, glass doors and panels, restrooms, seating, concourse, suites, service areas, locker rooms, office spaces,and any other assigned work area
- Trash pick-up & replacing with trash liners, washing, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, desk cleaning, dusting, wall spotting, glass cleaning, assisting in light maintenance work, restroom care, dust mopping, dusting light fixtures, spot cleaning, polishing, cleaning, and sanitizing
- Empty trash receptacles in assigned areas.
- Assist set-up crew with various tasks related to set-up for events, as needed. Ensure concourse is free and clear of all debris, trash, boxes, spills, etc.
- Adhere to all safety rules and procedures as well as keep their equipment and storage areas in a neat, clean, safe, and in good working condition.
- Ensure that proper precautions are taken for personal protective equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations; report any unsafe or hazardous conditions to supervisor immediately
- During event duties include:
- Monitor restrooms during events; cleaning and restocking as necessary.
- Respond quickly during an event to all radio calls for spill clean-ups, trash removal, etc.
- Monitor trash cans continuously and remove trash as needed
- Respond to patrons in a polite and respectful manner;
Greenville Arena District is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Greenville Arena District will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resource Department at 864-250-4919.
- 1 year Janitorial, custodial, housekeeping or general cleaning experience (Required)
- 2 years general work history
- High school diploma or equivalent (Required)
- medium work; Must be able to exert well-paced mobility and operate industrial-sized cleaning equipment. Able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, exert in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects;
$9.50 per hour