Human Resource Assistant
Bon Secours Wellness Arena is seeking a result-driven Human Resources Assistant to support the HR Department and Executive management. This position requires strong communication skills involving interaction with internal and external customers, advanced computer skills and strong organizational capabilities. Job duties require a highest degree of confidentiality and work accuracy.
Essential Job Functions: Through employee’s own efforts:
- Responsible for maintaining organized and accurate employee records (hard and soft copies) in compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations;
- Processes personnel changes including new hires, rate increases, transfers and separations within HRIS and required corresponding documentation
- Responsible for maintaining all HRIS data and compiles various reports as required; Conduct regular audits to ensure completion of data and accuracy
- Works with Human Resource Manager to implement and manage HR policies, procedures, and programs, which support the overall organization goals and strategies inclusive of attendance, compensation and performance management.
- Assist with full-cycle recruitment support for all open vacancies including job posting, pre-screening applicants, scheduling interviews, communicating status, and maintaining ATS; Promote posting with recruiting partners and various agencies, ensuring up-to-date accurate information
- Assist with new hire onboarding (e.g. preparing documents, coordinating orientation agenda); Verify completion of employment documents, conduct credential verification, and assist with orientation/training classes.
- Professionally and tactfully respond to employee, management, and various agencies inquires, providing HR assistance and relevant employment information; interacting directly with both internal and external clients, employees, and candidates
- Assist in safety program; Maintain and track accident and incidents reports database reports; Support in the maintenance of safety records and documentation including training, inspections, injury, and investigative reports.
- Assist with coordinating special HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc)
- Provide administrative support to executive management including proposal preparation, company correspondence, calendar and document management, travel arrangements, company events, and other administrative support functions.
- Handles confidential and/or sensitive information with the highest level of professionalism and discretion.
Deadline: Position will remain open until filled. No Phone calls please.
Greenville Arena District is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Greenville Arena District will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact 864-241-3800.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in human resources, business, accounting, or relevant field of study, or equivalent additional 2 years work experience acceptable
- 2 years human resources work experience
- Full understanding HR functions and best practices
- Basic knowledge of federal and state labor laws
- Proficient computer skills MS Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Proficiency with HRIS or HRMS and ATS software and resume databases.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 4 years human resource experience
- Prior HR experience within large hourly workforce
- Prior Payroll and timekeeping experience desireable
- Meticulous attention to detail in all aspects of work and outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with the highest level of professionalism and discretion.
- Advanced oral and written communications skills.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills.
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive, customer service orientated attitude
- Proactive and resourceful team player
- Ability to work with limited supervision and interact with all levels of staff.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- 40 hours of work per week on average.
- Extended or irregular hours may be required, as determinded by recruitment events
- Out of town or overnight travel is not expected.
Employee Status: FLSA: Exempt/ Full-time
Salary range: starting at $38,000 annually
Eligible for SC State benefits including:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance options
- Short and Long Term disability - Employer Paid
- Retirement plan with District match and
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) policy
Greenville Arena District actively fosters a diverse and inclusive working environment and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified men and women from all racial, ethnic or other minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.